Home solar energy is a time proven, clean and affordable source of electricity for your Pakistani homes. Recent improvements in the manufacture of photovoltaic panels used in the conversion of free, inexhaustible solar energy from the sun have made home solar power a viable option for many consumers, that is NOT A FAILURE. Unfortunately, as with any industry, there are unscrupulous contractors and companies that have, at times, “bloodied the nose” of the home solar industry.
Dishonest contractors and companies give traction to solar energy opponents, usually big energy companies that are protecting their own profits, allowing them to make exaggerated claims of risk associated with switching to home solar power. It seldom occurs in a “seth-run” company that advancements in technology are opted for innovation but for mere financial benefits. There is no harm in that. Not until that the emergence of technology is disrupted with endless profiteering and that too without any return to the academia. Renewable Energy sector of Pakistan is a new victim to the “Seth Technology” where appointing a technician apparently would do the same arithmetic trick. And rightly so, since, an engineer on the contrary would ask for appraisal by the end of year.
Talking about typical Pakistani engineers, soon after their degree is completed, most of them from good universities and with good CGPAs opt for Research Fellowships abroad. A specific cohort effectively makes it to the best MNCs and turn into Business Managers. Yet another very small percentage of university graduates who are mediocre at research actually get the field jobs. The remaining remain unsettled; with an exception, that someone out of the blue, despite enough opportunities, gather real confidence to persue their dreams. Zorays Solar is one company where Research graduates gathered to become one sales field force.
Inevitably, this enterprising skill is on the rise with the emergence of Entrepreneurship in Pakistan. A recent acquisition of Smart Devices by BlueEast (Orient’s IoT Division / Hashoo Group) is an example. More evidently, Pakistan has seen a lot of energy initiatives. Needless to say that the same opportunist groups, who could easily seek bank loan investments against a bubble of bank guarantees, would be found everywhere. The rich get richer. Talking about the open opportunities, the whole organization and those at the helm of affairs get to recognize a more familiar brand and may not be as comfortable accepting the newly fad Startup culture.
How To Avoid Solar Scams
Saving money on energy bills is the biggest reason many people switch to home solar power systems and solar energy will save thousands of dollars for a lot of people. However, there are considerations to make that will help you avoid being a victim of solar scammers.
- Evaluate Your Current Energy Bill – If your current energy bill is less than Rs. 2000 a month chances are pretty good that you will not save enough money on your monthly bills to warrant a change to solar.
- Roof Orientation – In the northern hemisphere, where Pakistan is located, the Sun’s energy comes from the south. For solar panels to operate with any efficiency they must be pointed to the south, requiring a roof-top with an unshaded southern exposure.
- Climate Considerations – While solar power works in any climate a properly sized system for your particular climate is a must. Solar energy is best thought of on a yearly average basis rather than a day to day basis. In the Southwestern Pakistan, Karachi for example, the typical home could use a smaller panel layout than a home in the cooler, cloudier Gilgit, Northeastern Pakistan.
- Inspect Your Roof – Your roof does not have to be brand new but it should be in good condition both structurally and the roofing material itself. The average roof top solar system has a life span of around 20 years, it is nice if your roof has the same or better life expectancy, although many installations are done with panel systems are built with easily removable rack systems that make servicing a roof easy.
- Free Solar Panel Installation – There are many areas in the Pakistan where it is actually possible to get a home solar power system installed on your home for absolutely zero out of pocket costs as well as lowered monthly utility bills guaranteed for as long as 25 years. Make sure you understand exactly what, if any, upfront or long term costs may be associated with your installation. A reputable solar contractor will provide all costs to you in writing.
- Tax Credits and Rebates – Federal and State tax credits as well as local and utility energy rebates vary extensively. These rebates are often combined to allow for zero out of pocket costs and long term monthly savings. A reputable solar energy consultant will be able to present you, in writing, with ALL of the options available in your area.
- Choose Your Solar Contractor Wisely – Get at least three written estimates that include any opt-out information in case a system doesn’t perform as promised. Make sure your contractor is licensed for your area and is able to take care of all permitting and grid tie-in. Check references carefully, make sure your contractor has completed projects satisfactorily. A diploma holder or technician, who does not even know basic current flow, would not pay for the premium price for modern simulation tools and measuring equipment. Engineers would. Engineers know what they do is no shortcut.
Home Solar Power Is Not A Failure
As of 2015 over 20,000 registered companies have converted thier clients to solar power in the Pakistan, that’s No Scam. Our solar consultants are experts at determining how well solar will work for you. Contact us now to start with a no cost or obligation completely transparent solar qualification.