Gasoline Generator Vs. Solar Energy System FACTS
• 60 % schools without adequate drinkable water supply
• 70 % water with conventional irrigation system reportedly evaporates
• 99 % tube wells run on non renewable energy sources
Renewable Vs. Non Renewable
Solar energy is Renewable i.e. Solar panels use free sun energy to produce electricity. It is based on Zero Emissions concept. At the same time, a generator is a Non Renewable resource of electricity; it warrants continuous availability of gasoline and produces GHG Emissions. (Govt. policies can further hamper the provisions)
• A generator creates High dB Noise Pollution.
• Whereas; A solar energy system is totally Noise Free*
Generation Side Power Factor
• With a Gasoline Generator, the Power factor on generation side is changed with load profile and speed of fuel injection.
• Whereas; Solar Energy Systems have High Power factor based inverters. Moreso, the p.f. stays the same on the generation side
• Reliable to amount of fuel input, generator is usually specified for 80 per cent performance for best fuel economy. For any load above/below this capacity factor, generator yield is disturbed.
• Predictable since consistent yield output according to performance curves.
• A generator receives Distortions and harmonics in Electrical signals due to movable/vibrating parts. Therefore, not suitable for electricity export.
• A solar energy system is capable of Synchronization with grid for future export of excess power as there are no harmonics due to addition of Suppressing Filters.
• A genset is a Non Modular equipment; it needs replacement with same or bigger sized equipment at the end of the day.
• Where as a solar energy system is innovative and Modular; as it could be expanded in future or molded according to budget to take maximum benefits within requested limits. 20
• You can never achieve pay back of a generator.
• A properly designed solar energy system achieves its Pay back in five or less years and there is free energy afterwards.
• Recurring maintenance cost occurring in 45 days due to tepid and vulnerable butterflies of generator.
• Maintenance requirement occurring only after 6 months just to check specific gravity of battery through indicators for a solar power system.
• Regular need for oil filter and Mobil oil replacement in case of generators.
• On the other hand, Solar Batteries replacement after a minimum of 7 years
• A genset, redundant practice, has Low Resale where as a solar energy system has Highest Resale.
• A gas generator is disliked for places like schools and other public buildings. A solar power system has iconic value due to Corporate Social Responsibility factor enabling user to help improve the environment.