Li-ion Based Backup Solar Solution Only
Solar as Luxury during Electric Load Shedding
Let's narrow down on your specific backup options
Let's figure out capacity of solar system suited to your application
Are you brand conscious?
Please select preferred brands, if any! This is an optional section. You may skip it altogether.
Address or Pin Location
Continuous Hours of Load Shedding
Backup Time Required (Please Do not Say 24 Hours)
PV Solar Modules
Tier-I Panels Only (Subject to Availability)
Choose Your Inverter Capacity Wisely
Off Grid / Hybrid Inverter (Zorays Brand)
Akira Yoshino, a Japanese Chemist, developed Lithium-ion battery in 1985. It is a type of rechargeable battery which is also known as Li-ion battery. This is frequently used in electric vehicles and portable electronic devices, and it is now also famous for military use and aerospace applications. This battery is an ultimate high-performance solution for any application virtually. An SB100 12V 100AH lithium-ion battery is where an atomic built is featured in Battery Protection System (BPS). This fantastic feature protects the cells for many cycles like thousands of it, and it also keeps this dry battery run with its peak performance. SB100 can be used as a worthy replacement to any of the applications such as the lead-acid, group of 31 AGM battery, or gel.
Specifications: Specifications are as follows:
- SB100 12V 100AH lithium ion battery
- Model: SB100
- Type: LiFePO4
- Nominal Voltage: 12.8V
- Charge Voltage: 4V to 14.6V
- Group Size: 31
- Dimensions (Length x width x height): (12.75” x 6.5” x 8.7”)
- Max current (charge/discharge): 100A (amps)
- Cold-cranking Amps: 1000A (amps)
Lithium Ion Technology for Solar Systems: Unraveling the Myth of Dry Battery and Solar Battery Charger
- This battery is perfect for the use of electronic devices, sailing, yachts, boats, motorhomes, travel trailers, solar backup power, fifth wheel, or other deep cycle applications.
- It is beneficial as a perfect replacement for other batteries and can provide more productivity and works with full efficiency.
- It is an astoundingly stable battery that can be charged hundreds of times or multiple times.
- As compared to other batteries, it tends to have higher energy density and voltage capacity.
- The self-discharge rate is lower than other rechargeable batteries.
- A single cell contains a better power efficiency, and it can easily retain charge for a longer time.
- These batteries are used for Power Tools, Home Appliances, Consumers’ Electronics.
- Different models and types of lithium-ion batteries serve different purposes.
Here is a detailed Comparative Study: Lithium Ion Vs Tubular Batteries
Life: A limited lifetime warranty backs this battery; SB100 operates beyond the user’s expectations and can easily work without any worry or issue for more than ten years. This serves for longer life if adequately charged.
Other Types of lithium-ion batteries: There are 6 Lithium-Ion battery types such as:
- Lithium cobalt oxide: These are made of Lithium carbonate and cobalt. And due to very high specific energy, these batteries are used for cellphones, cameras, and laptops.
- Lithium manganese oxide: These are safer than other batteries as these contain high-temperature stability. These batteries are mostly used in medical devices and equipment and are also used in electric bikes and other power tools.
- Lithium iron phosphate: It has thermal stability, and its safety is also enhanced due to low resistance properties. It is durable and has a long lifecycle. They are often used in electric motors and vehicles, which need a long lifecycle.
- Lithium nickel manganese cobalt oxide: These have either high specific power or high specific energy density. Mostly used in powertrains or power tools of vehicles and preferred for electric vehicles due to low self-heating rate.
- Lithium nickel cobalt aluminum oxide: It provides high energy option and has a good lifespan. It is useful for electric powertrains and grid storage.
- Lithium titanate: It has a fast recharge time, perhaps also has low energy density and low inherent Voltage. It can be used for many applications either in electric buses for public transportation, electric vehicles, and bike or military or aerospace use. It can also create a smart grid and can be used to store solar energy and wind. These are also useful for system-critical backups for the power system.
In July 2019, we attended All-Party Parliamentary Group on Energy Storage and found out how MCS (local installer certification body) favours a solar installation company to chose mostly from Lithium-Ion based battery back ups. Although, we do provide our customers with 48 Vdc, 100 AH Li-ion by Lantran with 2000+ cycles at 100% DOD and Three Years Free Replacement option, we do not retail these. Lithium ions batteries are also available across many online stores in Pakistan if you are looking to buy one.